In K22 mode (extended K2 cmds), try polling the K3 via the KY;
command.  When the response is KY2; from the rig, the message has
completed and the transmission is complete.  Polling twice a second is
probably adequate.

Remember that you have to send the K22; before transmitting, because
if you don't you will never see KY2; coming back.

P9 of the K3 Programmer's Manual, available on the Elecraft website
under Manuals and Downloads, will help here too.

73,
matt W6NIA
K3 #24