Hi Everyone,

I have proudly owned K3 #371 for about a year and run about 40% CW with it.

A while back (December?) INRAD briefly offered a 500Hz 8 pole CW Roofing
filter for the K3. Then it quickly disappeared from its product listings.

About two weeks ago I e-mailed Trey at INRAD and inquired about its
availability. He responded that there were a few remaining from that
first batch.

Having spent over 30 years running a 500Hz bandwidth for CW on various
rigs, I decided to try one to replace my 400 Hz 8 pole.  I reasoned that
I could run CW at my preferred bandwidth while also having  a narrow CW
roofing filter in line simultaneously.

In my opinion this filter is excellent and does exactly what I expected
that it would.  Some have reported that the 250 and 400 Hz filters do
not have much difference in actual performance. This new filter may
provide some differentiation between the two.  I prefer it over the 400
Hz filter (which is an excellent filter also!)

Trey has told me that the 500 Hz filter will be permanently added to
their inventory shortly.

My $.02...YMMV.

Best 73 de N1LQ-Dave