Ameritron makes a relay the ARB-704 $59.95 that uses rca cables and 12v.

HRO might stock them.

never get over." Ben Franklin

  _____

From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Nesbitt
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 1:44 PM
To: 'Phil LaMarche'; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Keying an amp

Hi Phil - not sure just what you mean here by "take out the keying device
and direct, it still keys." - but - if it's the Collins 30L-1, the keying
circuit in it presents a negative (-) voltage on the key line - and -
unfortunately - the K3 is set up to key an amplifier that presents a
positive (+) voltage on the "relay" terminal.

Wish the K3 presented a menu item so one could switch between negative
keying (older amps) and positive keying but it looks like the MOSFET used
will only key positive voltages.  Because of this, I use a small homebrew
relay box between my K3 and 30L-1.  It's a kluge mess but is the simplest
solution I've found!  73 es gud dxing - Don N4HH K3/100 #83

  _____