From: Vic K2VCO <v...@rakefet.com>
To: n1...@aol.com
Cc: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:39 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 no power output

n1...@aol.com wrote:?

> I just received a "new to me" K3. It is a recent serial number 18XX. The
> receiver works?

> fine but there is no output power. It goes into transmit the transmit light?

> illuminates.? but no power at all in any mode or on any band nada, nil,?
> zero!!!? I?

> have checked all the obvious things. I took the covers off and could see
> nothing that?

> looked wrong. Anyone have any ideas??
?

Make sure CONFIG: TX INH is OFF. Either Hi or Lo will prevent transmi if the TX
INH pin on
the accessory socket is not connected.?
?

If you connect a paddle, do get a sidetone when you key it??
?

If you are trying to transmit SSB, are you sure the correct mic connector and
bias setting
is selected??

--
73,?