James,

Congratulations on ordering your K3!

It looks like your list of options are complete and you have been doing a lot
of research. You will love your K3 when it is assembled.

Suggestions:

Be sure you have proper ESD protection when you assemble your K3 and follow the
manual carefully. When assembling your K3 you might want to install the DSB
board for the KRX3 and the KDVR3 Board before you install the front panel to
the RF board. This will eliminate having to remove the front panel later.

If you are having the factory assemble your rig, open it up and carefully
inspect your radio for any loose modules or parts that may have worked loose
during shipping. Afterward run a complete test on the K3.

Have fun, you'll love this radio.

73
Dave KD1NA

I'm just about ready to place my order for a K3 (hopefully by tomorrow.yay!)

After some good discussions with list members, I think I've finally narrowed
down my option choices:

* K3/100 kit
* KAT3 ATU
* KBPF3 gen. cov. Module (1 unit, will be placed on SUB receiver)
* KDVR3 Dig. Voice recorder
* 500Hz 5 pole (2 units, one on each receiver)
* 6KHz filter (1 unit, will be placed on main RF board for ESSB
experimentation)
* 13KHz FM filter (2 units, one on each receiver)
* 40Hz filter matching for 2.7 and 500Hz filters
* KRX3 sub receiver
* KTCXO3-1 1ppm oscillator
* KXV3 xverter interface
* MH2 hand mic

I'm mostly an SSB guy, but do play around with PSK31 and RTTY.  I also like
to listen to shortwave broadcast stations.  The sub receiver will get the
gen coverage module plus a 13, 2.7, and 500 filter.  The 2.7 and 500 will be
matched for diversity receive.  The FM filter on the RF board will be used
for 10m repeaters, while the FM filter on the sub will be used for broadcast
reception.

I don't know if anyone here has heard of the AOR LA-390 active loop RX
antenna, but I'm thinking this might work well for my diversity experiments.
I'm space limited, and this thing can be kept on my window ledge.