Van: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] Namens Dave Hachadorian
Verzonden: vrijdag 13 februari 2009 22:55
Aan: Elecraft reflector
Onderwerp: [Elecraft] Excellent Elecraft Service

Last Sunday, due to my own error, I blew up the speaker
audio amp in one of my K3's. I was running Filtertools, and
didn't realize the audio level was way too high, running
into an open-circuit external speaker.

On Sunday, I sent an email to Elecraft support, explaining
what I did, and asking how to proceed.

On Monday morning, they sent me an email saying that they
were sending me a new DSP board, since the audio amp IC is
too hard to replace in the field.

The new board arrived via first class mail on Thursday, with
a return postage label and return prepaid postage stamp
inside for me to send back the defective board.

I changed out the board on Friday. It took one hour from
start to finish. I followed the excellent
disassembly/reassembly procedure in the Application Note for
the Front Panel Microphone Circuit Modification. Everything
works fine now.

Customer service just doesn't get any better than this! Can
you imagine what would have happened with one of the other
manufacturers? First of all, they wouldn't trust their
customers to dig into a radio and start fiddling with
ESD-sensitive boards, so there probably would have been
round-trip shipping of the entire rig, probably at my
expense, and a several-week downtime.

Thanks, Elecraft!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ