I for one would not like this change.  I have this on my Icoms and never
liked it.

Bob Serwy - N9RS

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Nesbitt
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 4:11 PM
To: 'Ken Kopp'; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Feature request

Having the actual transmit freq PROMINENTLY displayed when you transmit on
CW with the decoder working would be a nice confirmation that you are indeed
xmitting where you think you are (split or not) - just listen to the K5D
xmit freq - looks like lots of folks need lots of reminders of just where
they are xmitting!  Perhaps it's just a human condition!

What I'd REALLY like to see is the actual xmit freq displayed on the top
line (VFO A display line where the readout is a larger size).  Then if you
are split it would display VFO A freq (rx freq as it does normally) until
you hit xmit and then would display VFO B freq (where you are xmitting) on
that line - sort of flip-flop the data. When you quit xmitting, VFO A would
again be displayed as usual and - if the text decode is turned on - the VFO
B line would again display the decoded text. 'Course with QSK this could be
quite dazzling!

Of course there are lots of other scenarios where this extra little prodding
might be very useful - those are left as an exercise to the reader!

73 es gud dxing --Don N4HH K3/100 #83