rfenab...@gmail.com wrote:

> I really don't want to delve into my K3 with a slodering iron and a
> baggie full of bits and pieces.
> So how about Elecraft offering a board swap for those of us who do not
> wish to do the mods themselves.

Hi Gary,

We'll be happy to swap any module that you don't want to modify
yourself. You can email k3supp...@elecraft.com) and make any necessary
arrangements. However, I think you'll find that all of the mods are
simple and easy to make, if you'd like to make any of them yourself.
The RF board is a special case. Swapping it out would be a factor of 10
more difficult than any of the minor mods you might need to do.

Fortunately (taking into considering that the K3 has been shipping for
barely a year and a half), there have been very few mods. Whether any
mods are required at all depends on your needs and the rig's time of
manufacture. Again, K3 support can help you determine what is
applicable, or give you further assistance on any mod.

If any of the documentation is lacking, or you have trouble getting any
of the parts in a timely fashion, please e-mail me directly and I'll
expedite whatever action is necessary.

73,
Wayne

---