Yet it makes so much sense with the UI.  DATA MD has no functionality
when in CW and when holding NB or NR or the Notch filter or the like it
allows you to configure the settable features of that feature.  Granted
its a slight UI breach but the product is still labeled as such on the
button.  I see this as a lesser evil to some of the press 1 while in
this menu things which would have been more intuitive and fitting of the
UI had they had their own menu item.

But thats all just my opinion. ;)

~Brett

PS:  When I stated that I wouldn't put it past you I meant that as a
compliment.  Hopefully it was taken that way...  At times text can very
poorly portray a message.