I have a K3 with all modules except transverter interface. The radio does not
communicate with the PC (or Mac) before it has been on for about 45 minutes
- consistently. I turn on one of my rig control/logging programs or K3
utility right after the radio is turned on. Without touching anything the
communication does not start to work before the radio has been on for
between 30 and 45 minutes.

If this had been my K2 I would have checked for dry/cold solder joints but
since this is a factory built module I chose so far to leave it alone.

Any ideas?