Hi Brett,

Last summer, I had similar questions about the KNB2 in my K2.  In my
case, a neighbor had put up a new electric fence and I was getting QRM
in the form of a pulse every second.  The unmodified KNB2 seemed to
have little to no effect on the noise.  In fact, I questioned whether
it was working at all.  A 'scrape test' (connecting a wire to the
antenna connector and scraping it on some metal surface in the shack
to generate static) indicated that it was indeed working.

The modification described here

http://www.dl7maj.de/KNB2-Mod.pdf

seemed to improve the situation.  After making the mod described, the
KNB2 would partially take out the electric fence noise using the LEVEL
LOW threshold.  Not perfect, but better than it was.

You can read the original thread by searching the list archives for
the topic "[K2] KNB2 vs. electric fence" that started on August 3, 2008.

73
--
Joe KB8AP