Hi --

   I'm seeking advice on a feedback problem.

   Scenario:
PC line out -> microKeyer -> K3 mic in (Note 5)
PC line in <- K3 line out.  (Note 1)
   Note 1:  microKeyer is bypassed so that stereo gets delivered to the
computer for archival recordings.
   Note 2:  K3 CONFIG: LIN OUT can be either "nor 001" or "=phones"
without changing the problem.
   Note 3:  To simplify and isolate the problem, MM is not running.
   Note 4:  More details about the PC and K3 firmware listed below.
   Note 5:  Can connect direct to K3 Line In (bypassing the microKeyer),
changing MENU MIC SEL accordingly, without affecting the problem.

   When I put the radio into TX (short the footswitch input on the
microKeyer), and play an audio file out the PC, a feedback loop exists.
The severity of the loop depends on the K3 MON setting: low setting
(<<10) means no echo chamber.

   The only possibilities are the K3 is making the loop, or the computer
is making the loop.  I'm not sure how to isolate this.

   Anyone else see/solved this?

   It's not life-critical, but it means no audio archive for the ARRL DX
Phone contest if I can't solve it.

   Thanks.

-- Eric K3NA

K3 FW: 2.78