The NR can do wonders... there were several QSOs I made that most likely
would not have been possible without it.

On the other hand, with a nearby LOUD station or splatter, it is very harsh
to listen to. This may just be a fact of life, but am interested in any
suggestions to improve it.

Turning the gain and volume waaay down helped some.

Some of the overdriven signals and splatter were downright ugly this weekend
on 160. There were several stations where it was virtually impossible to
copy anything within 3 Khz of their center frequency. I would have though
they were running AM they were so wide. (no this isn't a negative comment on
AM)

Still I was hearing stuff others weren't and that was way cool!

73,
Julius

-----
Julius Fazekas