I am almost done with my KX1. During each test section I have noticed
that there seems to be a problem. Sometimes turning Z1 changes the
frequency display but sometimes when you turn it the last 2 digits on
the display just go back and fourth - like from 1 to 2 then 1 then 2.

I have triple checked the solder connections at Z1.

I am trying to figure out if I might have a faulty Z1 encoder. Can
anyone tell me how I could use my DMM to test directly at the "leads"
of the Z1?  If so which leads and what should I look for?

Thanks for all your help!!

Burke Jones
N0HYD
Http://www.n0hyd.com