I was 'inside' #24 anyway and saw this posting.  Measured the DC
resistance across the CB.  I can't measure any resistance with the
Fluke DVM.

When keyed down on TUNE at 50W, I see no drop across the CB.  Sounds
like the contact suface is corroded or contaminated on yours.  Better
replace it.  At least that's easy to do, and Elecraft should help you
out on this.

73,
matt W6NIA