Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy wrote:
> Sorry for an off-topic question. Does anyone have any information about the
> dry vs wet characteristics of "450 ohm" ladder line? I have never used this
> type of line, but I might have to use it for "mechanical" reasons to feed
> another antenna now being built. I am told that its characteristics change
> when wet from rain, but which characteristics change and by how much at HF.
> A remote ATU to compensate is not to be used with this particular antenna /
> feeder.

I don't have the quantitative data that Geoff wants, but my experience was that
when
feeding a 40-meter dipole with the stuff, the tuning changed significantly when
it rained.
I don't know what actually accounts for this. Some people have suggested that
waxing the
line reduces the effect.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA