Hi James,

> I upgraded to 3.03 the other night, and immediately noticed several
> fast-tuning birdies in places where I'm 95% sure were not there prior
> to the
> update.

Fast-tuning birdies are a function of coax cable locations and
synthesizer frequencies. Firmware changes should have no impact on
them. If you're sure the new ones weren't there before, try writing
them down and reloading an older version to make sure.

> Also, while the birdie removal function works, it doesn't seem to do
> it as
> described in the release notes.

> For example, the release notes state that the tool moves the artifact
> out of
> the passband within 100 Hz segment.  But, I've noticed that if I have a
> two-tone birdie occurring at 28.135.30 and the other at 28.135.35,
> using the
> tool to remove the signal at 28.135.30 doesn't remove the tone at
> 28.135.35.

In many cases you'll need to remove the birdie from two or three
adjacent 100-Hz segments. This is more likely with wide bandwidths than
narrow. Just use the same procedure on each one. Test it by sweeping
the VFO across the entire area after all audible birdies are mapped
out.

73,
Wayne
N6KR