Hey Frank,
I would dearly love to see the BCD-decoder">BCD-decoder method.( if its
convenient)
I have often thought of that.
If I remember the BCD has a total word value of 15 (decimal) ...right?

Thanks,
Duane

Hi Duane,

I do happen to use Cecil Moore's ladder network and switch it from
inside the shack. I didn't program a PIC but used a third-party
BCD-to-band decoder to decode the K3 band data that's available on
the AUX connector, followed by some diode logic driving the 1' to 16'
relays outside. Works like a charm! I use this ladder network for a
couple of months now.

Just bagged my first VK on 80m Tuesday night, on my low (10m high)
2x24m doublet at first try, so I'm not complaining.

If there's serious interest in it, I can draw up some info on what I
did and make it available publicly.

73,

Frank PA4N
--