Hello friends:
I know that this question has been done, but i have to ask to be sure of
to buy the correct.
I own a k3/100 with ATU and Receiver antenna input.
It has original 2700 - 5 pole filter.
I use my k3 for ssb and rtty contest and some dx in the same modes.
Some questions:
If i buy 2800 - 8 pole filter. Do i have to extract the 2700 filter?

It depends, but no you don't...

If i have the 2 filters (2700 and 2800) in the radio and i have the
bandwidth at 2400 hz. What filter is used?

It'll use the 2700...

Normally i like use 2200 and 2000 in my Icom for SSB and 400 for RTTY.
What is your advice for filters?

If you're thinking about installing a 250/200 Hz filter, go with the 500 Hz.
If you're just going to install a 500/400 Hz, the skirts are steeper on the
400 Hz, somewhat  better in very crowded conditions. For contesting, many
have gone with the 400 Hz, but I haven't seen a real advantage to adding a
sharper filter (250Hz in my case) yet.

73,
Julius

-----