Hi Phil:

I thought of a way you could be transmitting on a different frequency then
you are receiving on but not realize it. It involves your SUB receiver being
turned on. This is a possibility since you are only on your second day of
using your SUB receiver. There is a learning curve.

You can use your SUB in three modes. LINKED, UNLINKED, and DIVERSITY. If you
are LINKED but not in DIVERSITY, the SUB tracks the MAIN but has the ability
of being offset. In that case you would have one frequency noted in the top
display (VFO A) and an offset frequency in the bottom display (VFO B). As
you tune VFO A you will hear sounds from both receivers. So the loud signals
could be coming from the SUB and not the MAIN but you might not realize it.
Then when you transmit, you are transmitting on the VFO A frequency which is
the wrong frequency.

If you were using headphones the clue would be MAIN in the left ear and SUB
in the right ear. If you are using a speaker it would not be obvious.

Turn off your SUB and life should be good again. You just need to learn the
ropes of the SUB receiver to avoid that from happening.

73,
Mike K2MK