I use these headphones, the QC2. I paid around $100 for them on ebay
over a year ago. There's an occasional hum in the right chanel I get
every so often but was just sent a "fix" for it a couple days ago. As
the "humm" is not there I haven't done the fix. (the hypothesis is a
potentiometer needs the occasional turn to restore proper contact).
If this is the fix, it is most easy to do.

just in case, I called Bose and they said to get replacement ones as
this one is not in warranty anymore would cost me $100.

I have worn many headphones in my rock, Acoustic and bluegrass career
and I have worn quite a few in my ham Radio hobby too but none are
more comfortable or easier to me than these Bose QC2 to listen to
when it comes to hearing faint sounds.

As to the noise cancelling, I have a Ameritron AL-1500 sitting 2-3
feet from me and it has a fairly audible blower. With these
headphones on I can hardly hear the slightest hint of a whisper. I
have two studio headphones (Senhauser and Sony) which sound great in
a quiet studio but in comparison to the QC2 rate a D minus to the QC2
getting an A minus (Minus because there's always room for
improvement.

That said, I use the QC2 exclusively with my K3 unless I'm walking
about the room. If I'm sitting at the radio, I have the QC2
headphones on.

As to the batteries, The QC2 uses one AAA battery. I use Costco and a
huge package of the AAA Duracells are quite inexpensive there. but I
tend to forget to urn the QC2 off and leave it turned on for long
periods of time. Even with Costco's low price, I burn through
batteries too fast.

Seeing as I lend out my MFJ SWR Analyzer frequently to local club
members to tweak their antennae, it burns through 12 AA batteries in
a heartbeat. So I have a charger for NIMH batteries and have four AAA
And 16 of the AA NIMH batteries that I keep charged and use these in
the analyzer and QC2 and forget about battery cost.

I chose the QC2 as opposed to the QC3 because the QC3 has an Li
internal battery which isn't removed to recharge and I don't want to
remove it to recharge the battery in a contest. Also, the QC2 are the
most comfortable of any of my headphones and envelop the entire ear
so extraneous sounds are quite suppressed.

Gary
KA1J