Ha, ha! Jon, you might want to save that well chewed I.C.

As a 10 year old kid fascinated by "radio", my sable collie decided to taste
the binding of my prized, hardbound ARRL handbook - my first "radio book"
that I read so often I can almost recite whole paragraphs today.

He made a pretty mess of one corner, chewing through the cover into the glue
along the spine.

I patched it up with some cellophane tape and probably glared at him a lot
for a long time, but he was my "best bud" throughout my teenage years. He
died a decade later while I was away in the Army.

Half a century later I still have that book sitting on the shelf, and every
time I see or hold it I remember my old friend.

Ron AC7AC