I am also using the latest beta (3.04) and don't find the power level on
SSB swings much, it was also OK in that regard with the previous beta
(3.03). The firmware between v2.38, which as fine, to the last two
suffered badly from short duration spikes on SSB, these spikes could be
readily produced by scratching a microphone grille or sibilants in speech.

My drive levels are typically 23~25 Watts to an Acom 1000 linear.

Is this the same "tune then creep up in power" issue as noted by others,
or a general tendency to create high power spikes?

73 Dave, G4AON
Spent a few hours in WPX SSB, but gave up as power levels from my K3
were all over the place.
My linear did not appreciate the wild input power swings. Back to the
bad old days.
Using the latest beta. Hope this problem gets fixed soon.

73
Stewart G3RXQ