I just returned from using my K3 for 6m EME down in E51 (you can see more
information about the trip at http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/E51SIX.htm ).
My question is that often the PR6 would not seem to "engage" at the beginning
of
an operating session.  I could press the RX button and hear the relays click,
but
the S meter and noise would not increase.  Fortunately, I was always able to
get
the preamp to finally "kick in" before my moon came up, but it required the K3
be on for awhile and for me to press the RX button multiple times to turn the
preamp on and off.

I was using switching power supplies, so I don't think there should have been
any
problem with the actual DC voltages (although I did not confirm that there was
actually 13.5 VDC coming to the K3).

Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem may have been, or how I can
prevent this problem in the future?  Like I said, the K3 and PR6 performed well
for me on this trip, but I am a little worried about its performance on future
trips if the PR6 fails to turn on!

MNI TNX and VY 73, Lance
--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73