Talk about a troll of a subject.  It states in the question that K3 has too
many problems.  Really now....but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Beta code is beta code.  If one doesn't want to run into beta bugs, don't
load beta firmware.  Gripe about problems in PRODUCTION firmware.

Not enough QA?  Have any idea of the complexity of the functions being done
in the software defined radio that is most of the K3?  Really think that a
3-4 kilobuck radio has the kind of margin that could hire 50-100 full-time
paid testers to do the code testing that would be necessary to release a
near production beta upgrade every couple of weeks?

Can do it the Ikensu way, take a year or two to develop a minimalist
firmware on a model that never gets upgraded, and has only a few un-risky
changes from the prior model.

What one has available with the K3, IF one wants to participate, and nobody
is forcing that, is join in the beta testing and make war on the technical
frontier in a radio one can actually afford to buy and still get upgrades.

And if someone DOESN'T want to beta test, no one is begrudging the benefit
from OUR work.  But remember, criticise the Elecraft guys on Beta QA, and
criticise us as well, because if the QA isn't there, the list of the hundred
odd hams that do ALPHA and pre-Beta testing for Wayne et al and aren't on
his payroll (unpaid volunteers) didn't catch the problem either. And also
didn't find the problem in Beta testing soon enough to keep some folks
happy.

Should not be too quick to think of those volunteer testers as slow and
ineffective.  The number with professional software developerment experience
in that list is impressive.  They are the kind of people who by nature like
messing with software and can understand the kind of testing contribution
they are making.

Interesting thing is that a lot of us would have done the same thing for
Ikensu if they had Wayne's inclinations.  But Ikensu never asked   : >)

And if one thinks software should never have bugs, one is living on some
other planet. Software ALWAYS goes out with bugs in it. There's just
discovered bugs and undiscovered bugs. With some companies there's also
fixed bugs that got fixed before the next model. But only God can write
perfect software and hit a golf ball straight with a one iron.

Well....maybe Tiger Woods on the one iron....

73,  Guy.