Lyle,

I'm going to assume that one of your 2 commands makes it so that the Sub goes
to BOTH ears, but the Main also continues to come out of the Main side as well?

I hope that you're also working on a way to mix Sub and main into BOTH ears.
Perhaps only 50% of sub in the main ear, and 50% of main in the sub ear.  This
would really help with Diversity mode reception.  It would of course relieve
the "rocking boat" feeling you get when signals phase between left and right
ears.