Chuck,

Flux cleaners are *not* recommended for that very reason.  The flux
residue by itself is non-conductive, but when combined with a cleaner,
it can create high resistance (leakage) paths unless it is completely
removed.  Flushing an area with cleaner is almost certain to cause
trouble, and can result in 'mysterious behaviors' that are hard to track
down and expensive repairs.

If a builder finds a need to remove the flux, it is best done using a
cotton swab (Q-Tip) and denatured alcohol or rubbing alcohol working
only in small areas at a time.

73,
Don W3FPR