Don, W3FPR referenced page 30 of the K3 manual and wrote:

> So in summary, TX DLY adjusts the leading delay and in semi-QSK the
> DELAY knob adjusts the tail.  You can have that type operation using the
> internal keyer in the K3 and devote the WinKey to use with the computer
> based apps.

Thanks for that clarification, Don.  And I understand the difference between
QSK and non QSK operation, as I was using QSK for CW traffic handling
nearly fifty years ago. :)

However, it has never been clear to me (and still isn't) whether or not the
front
panel DLY function controls the tail of the PTT output signal as well as the
T/R
changeover of the K3 itself.  I think the manual could be clearer in this
regard.

73,
Chuck  NI0C