Good Evening,
   The nets went rather well today.  Strong signals on both kept me turning
down the gain so my ears would stay intact.  Some were so loud I was getting
very distorted sounds until I adjusted the gain level.  Since I always run with
AF at max I use the RF gain to keep the levels steady.  This helps me eliminate
a lot of background noise which using the gains in opposite order will not
allow.  I learned this about 1962 and it holds true for each rig I have used.
I also find if I turn AGC off I can get rid of a lot of noise.
   I think spring is well under way across the country.  Temperature reports
were hot for the West Coast but more moderate further east.  Wyoming, Colorado,
and Alaska contacts all mentioned warmer temperatures and snow melt.  Here it
has not snowed for a week so there is little left except in the deep shade.
This year my daffodils are in great shape.  Some have opened but most are going
to bloom this week.  They were just waiting for the frost and snow to end.
Today tree frogs started croaking; or maybe it was my open windows which
allowed me to hear them.

On to the lists =>

   On 14050 kHz at 2300z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K3 - 008
NO8V - John - MI - K3 - 820
K7TV - Erik - AZ - K3 - 1837       QNI #5!
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
K9ZTV - Kent - MO - K3 - 21
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K3 - 1183
W6HPK - Steve - WA - K3 - 365
K7HV - John - WA
K6JJR - ?? - ??
NS7P - Phil - OR - K3 - 1826
K6BBQ - Rem - CA - K3 - 581
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398

   On 7045.5 kHz at 0100z:
NO8V - John - MI - K3 - 820
K9DMV - Joe - IL - K2 - 5628
N0TA - John - CO - K3 - 994
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K3 - 1183
WC7S - Dale - WY - K2 - 4360       QNI #30!!!
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457      ** QNI #270 **
N5SM - Scott - TX - K3 - 1802

   As you notice I have one call which is broken.  There is no K6JJR extant in
online records.  I think the second J is in error.  QSB was fluttering when I
copied it each time.  Hopefully I will get a fill before too long.  Thank you
for the nice turnout.  The propagation had been improved by the solar stream
over the last few days.  Any time I read about aurora I know the bands will get
better for us.  Maybe the sun will come back to life soon but this will do for
now.
   Until next week stay well,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

-