I'm an old ham who has built a lot of kits over the years. I am really
excited though to become an Elecraft user having just received my K3 kit. My
question has to do with instructions to "either brush or blow away any dust
or lint from the front panel area around the encoder shaft".

I have a good old standby fine bristle brush I use for my radio front
panels. I also have a fairly new can of the "Cleaning Duster: which states
that it is for removing dust and dirt from audio, video and other such
equipment. It contains "Difluoroethane" ???

Question is: What would you recommend to use "safely"....Dan,  W4EA