I would like to share information on a product I ran into that does just
what I needed with my K3. I love my Diversity receive and think I must rate
it the best feature of the radio. My 2nd receive antenna is just a floor to
ceiling wire fed to the K3 through a little MFJ tuner. Believe it or not, it
does a great job controlling QSB. Together with my main 200’ LW at 35’, I
can often hear the propagation move the signal from ear to ear. I dislike
operating without it.

My problem was that my main antenna also starts at a tuner in the shack on
its way to the roof, so coupling between antennas often caused the safety
relays in the K3 to energize on 40/80/160. To control this I used to detune
the 2nd antenna until the relays went quiet. Not the best solution since
that also reduced the receive capability of the 2nd receiver.

Array Solutions has a passive I.C.E product, the AS-196 that has cured my
problem by only allowing a maximum of .3V to the radio. No more relay
action. And as far as I can tell, it introduces no attenuation to signals.

I have a local QRN power pole problem that I’m trying to minimize with the
MFJ phase noise cancelling unit, and it’s RF bulb fuse was blowing out on
the lower bands. No guarantee that that’s going to work, but it’s fun
trying. Now it’s happy also with no more bulbs blown.

Wayne, WA9VEE