QRP Dale???

Did you guys have any 10M activity?

There was a nice opening to New England on Sunday here. One guy in New
Hampshire was shocked I was running QRP SSB and coming in at 5 over S9...
didn't last too long.

Other than being slow at opening and closing windows, I hopped from CW to
SSB to RTTY all weekend with the K3 with great ease.

I did have to watch the RF and AF gain when going/coming from RTTY. For some
reason, I thought the audio out was not affected by the front panel
controls. Had a lot of help from an anonymous fellow from this reflector
with some of the RTTY setup details, which is why I like hanging here so
much :o)

Lotsa K3s in the New England QSO Party, and even a few K2s (mine included).
I still enjoy the K2 on CW, just sounds so warm and mellow (no technical
references implied). With the K3, I was able to copy individual CW stations
virtually on top of each other, which happens a lot in QSO parties...

73,
Julius
n2wn

Dale Putnam wrote:

> Well, ok, so I am a bit late with this... but that let the dust settle a
> bit from the weekend of activity.
>
>   And... now we can relax, breath deep, and some of the lucky ones get to
> go to a couple really nifty hamfests. In the meanwhile, some of the rest
> of us... will be standing outside...  looking up... wondering if....
> hmmmm... if only.... and maybe if....
>
> But the truth is in the results, and considering that there were so many
> QPs this weekend, it was a kick. The results for me? Well.. if the
> logcheckers don't find a lot wrong, the score won't change a lot..
> from.... 222Qs with 47 mults, and a score of 27.9K... but no WAS... even
> on 3 bands... good golly. (Maybe if.... oh.. oh.. he's back to that
> again.. )
>
> loook out.. another antenna is about to be born.... *G*
>
> But the one's you have must work pretty well? Sure.. but maybe just one or
> two more would be better?
>
> Think she will go along with it?
>
> --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

-----