The 6M Spring Sprint is this evening, <
http://www.sysadnet.com/vhfsprintrules.htm
  > , so get that K3 on 6M and have some fun. the Sprint runs this
evening from 2300Z May 9 to 0300Z May 10. You will need to exchange
your grid square, a close approximation which you can find on QRZ.com.

It is the beginning of the Sporadic E season, so the band may open for
some DX. Even if it doesn't, there is usually enough local activity to
make it fun. If that weak SSB station doesn't come back to you, call
on CW. Most VHF ops will come back to you.

While a dedicated 6M antenna is best, a simple dipole will work, some
HF antennas will load OK on 6M. A 40M dipole will be near resonance on
its 7th harmonic on 6M. Try the K3 tuner.

If you have never been on 6M before, this is a good time to see how
the band works, who is on, and pick up a few grids.

I will be in DM66ff operating portable. Look for me. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey