Randy,

That tells me that HRD is not using the extended PC command format.

The consequences of going from high power to low is that the scaling
resistors in the KAT100 will be active (they would normally switch out
of the circuit going from high to low power), and the power detection at
low power (<11 watts) will be incorrect - there will not be as much
voltage on the VRFDET line as the K2 is expecting and the K2 power
control circuits will try to increase the power to bring up the VRFDET
voltage.  The result will be either high power output (i.e 100 watts
instead of 10 watts) *if* the KPA100 is also in high power state like
the KAT100 or if the KPA100 is in low power state (but not the KAT100,
the base K2 will put out maximum power and may give HI CUR messages.

Alternately if the KAT100 stays in low power mode, the KPA100 will only
have 1/10 the expected power.

Since HRD apparently does not do the low power/hi power switching, I
would recommend that you operate only within either the low power range
or the high power range when changing the power through HRD.  To switch
ranges, use the K2 power knob and then proceed with HRD as normal.

73,
Don W3FPR