Hi Martin:

I would like to expand on N2WN's posting.

You definitely need the SteppIR Y cable. The Y cable SteppIR sells has one
short leg so you might need a serial extension cable. I use the SteppIR S13
cable as the extension cable.

I have a copy of the Y cable schematic. Contact me off list if you want me
to send you a PDF of the schematic.

73,
Mike K2MK