Any of the 1N400x series work well for this purpose.

I've slowly learned the lesson that as a very small kit provider that
it's often cheaper to use the same part in multiple kits even though it
may be over-rated for some applications because the increased volume
reduces the price, fewer stock keeping concerns, etc.

Hence, my "standard power diode" for designs (reverse voltage
protection, relay snubbing, etc.) is the 1N4007.

And, there's no "theory" that I'm aware of predicting a 1N4007 diode has
a slow turn-on time. What there seems to be the case is that because
these diodes have a slow turn-off time (predicted by theory and
confirmed in practice), hams have confused the two and reached the
incorrect conclusion that slow turn-off = slow turn-on. Quite different
physics are at work in these two conditions.

Jack