On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 17:05 -0400, K2ZLS wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      There have been enough posts here about the temperature inside the
> K3 to start me thinking.   Mine also gets very WARM on the right side by
> U12 and U13.
<--snip-->
>  I think this would be a
> worthy modification at this point, if only to let the HOT AIR ...OUT.

Don't do it, it's not needed and it may mess up air circulation
elsewhere causing hot spots.
The heat at this location is not hot air inside making the case warm
it's the side of the case being used as an (ample) heat-sink for the
directly attached Voltage regulators.

Warmth here IS NOT a symptom of much hotter stuff inside as would have
been the case with a 'hollow state' radio, simply that the side panel is
working as intended to heatsink the voltage regulators bolted directly
to it.

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ