I also have never noticed a problem due to "heat" buildup in the K3. A good
cup of coffee is about 140 degrees F or 60 degrees C - well below the
failure point and within the "normal" operating limits of most solid state
devices. That temperature would leave your fingers red if you placed them on
an object that hot, I don’t think you could place your hand on it for more
than a brief period of time. I have never felt anything near that warm.  I
have never noticed an area on the K3 near the temperature of bath water.
Even hot bath water is less than 110 F (43 C) and that is within the
"expected" operating temperature of most equipment. It would get hotter than
that in your car.

Along the topic of this thread, I built an EICO Kit Stereo amp and tuner
while in high school. Now this was a piece of equipment that ran HOT -
several areas could burn your hand. While in college I discovered that if I
kept my coffee cup on the amp it would keep the coffee warm all evening.
That amp and tuner still works today, but I don’t use it for a coffee warmer
any more - it must have more than 100,000 hours on it, way beyond expected
life expectancy.

Rich,
KE0X