From: "Steve Ellington" <n...@carolina.rr.com>
To: dj7...@muenchen-mail.de, "Bill Coleman" <aa...@arrl.net>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 2:00:41 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA-800 any news at Dayton?

Elecraft is working on a firmware update which will enable the K3's 800w or
1500w feature. I believe some minor changes to the DC power input will be
required however, cooling is already adaquate. No external hardware will be
necessary and the update is free. The firmware update for the panadapter
activation has been the hold up. It's been a well guarded secret but
information is leaking about how the K3's current display is capable of
displaying any portion of a given band once the new FW is installed. The
current default display will be minimized to one corner of the screen and
the remaining area will become the scope. One can toggle between display
modes by programing one of the PF keys and shortly thereafter we can expect
the multicolor display firmware update.

Larson E. Rapp
Dewey Cheatham and Howe LLP.
RG8U