I would stay away from early hp digitals, they are nothing but
trouble, just take my word on this one, you are better off with a 2430
(might have dyslexic on the number)

The new digital lunchboxes are nice too, and if you know what you are
doing you have no problems, I attribute the 'old timers' being wary of
them to not knowing how to properly use them. Since I grew up with a
infiinium, i've never had a problem seeing and removing aliasing
errors and others, but you have to have a decent sense for what to
expect to see, and know which way to turn what knobs to make it look
right. (like adjusting sample rate etc.)

Matt
W8ESE
Former KD8DAO
http://blog.MattIsKichigai.com