I dont think SMT is that bad, then again I am young, when I brought
this up to a ham I met at FDIM he told me he is blind in one eye and
has more than 3db on me in age, so there are no excuses, its like mike
fright but with building, just try them sometime. I find smt is easier
to work with than thru hole IMHO.

Matt
W8ESE
Former KD8DAO