From: Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2 (via Nabble)
<ml-user+163255-1919540...@n2.nabble.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] N1MM & DVR inrernal K3
To: "E72X" <t93x_gor...@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, May 22, 2009, 7:41 PM

I've been able to get this to basically work with macros like:

F1 CQ,{CATA1ASC K31;SWT21;}{CATA2ASC K31;SWT21;}

F2 Exch,{CATA1ASC K31;SWT31;}{CATA2ASC K31;SWT31;}

...etc...

I think that should work for SO2R, but haven't had a chance to really

test it with two K3s yet ("CATA..." is supposed to be sent only if the

radio (1 or 2) is "active"). I haven't tried any of it in a contest yet,

so not sure how reliable it is. This morning, it wasn't working for me

at all initially - nothing would happen when I used the function keys.

After futzing around a bit, it suddenly started working. I'm not sure

why.

What did you mean by "ESC cancel memories"? Did you find a way to have

the Escape key stop the DVR playing? I was going to rely on the

footswitch for that, but it'd be nice if there was a way to have the

Escape key send a command to the K3(s) too...

     ~Iain / N6ML

E72X wrote:

> Thanks all for response , now works excellent and ESC cancel memories ,

> thanks again for help!

> 73, de E72X

> Gordan,

> Gregory Fischer wrote:

>> Sorry...SWT21; is message 1, SWT31; is message 2, SWT35; is message 3 and

>> SWT39; is message 4.  If you

>> use SWH instead of SWT it will cause the message to repeat based on the

>> interval you have set in the K3

>> menu.

>> -------------------------

>> 73,

>> Greg - AB7R

>> Whidbey Island WA

>> NA-065

>> On Fri May 22  7:47 , Greg - AB7R  sent:

>>> You can already do that.  Review the section of the N1MM manual about

> programing

>>> CAT commands into the function key messages.  Also you will need to look

> at the K3

>>> programmers reference manual on the Elecraft website.  Switch emulation is

> on page

>>> 15.

>>> If I recall correctly (not at home infront of my computer and radio) it

> would be

>>> something like:  {CAT1ASC K31;SWT31;} to play message 1.

>>> 73,

>>> Greg - AB7R

>>> Whidbey Island WA

>>> NA-065