I had the same problem after installing the digital voice recorder.
I managed to get the rig going again, after firmware reload, which was a
major headache in itself,
refusing to load or recognise presence of DSP firmware.

The problem has since recurred, then mysteriously went away.
I wonder if there is some instabilty in the formware for DSE or DVR that
needs to be fixed?
When the fault occurs, all audio is lost and moving rotary controls results
in clicks.

Very interested to hear from anyone esle who has had this problem, as it has
been most frustrating,
I was at the point of packing the rig and shipping back from Australia to US
for repair.

Chris VK2LCD