Tnx Mike.

It reminds me that vacuum tube theory wasn't understood for many years after
they were developed. Shoot, here in the USA DeForest thought a vacuum tube
*needed* some gas to work properly (and his tubes all had abysmally low gain
as a result).

If what the learned "experts" knew was right, Marconi would never have been
successful. For decades they had stated that electromagnetic (radio) waves
were useless for communications over any significant distance.

"What everyone knows", including everything we learned in school, is always
open to question.

Ron AC7AC