SNIP:

"And when you use CWT centering maximizing the decoding accuracy, you get
spot-on, consistently repeatable tuning. No RIT needed. Of course that assumes
search and pounce is the preferred style of operation. If you park on a
frequency and call CQ you surrender tuning control to the other guy. You choose
the fight the pile ups you hope will come to you. ...me, I am a 'control
freak', I will pounce, thank you very much."

This could all be VERY easily remedied by my earlier suggestion of making the
"SPOT" button function as a
"RIT" control when you have the RIT turned "ON" and the "CWT" mode on as well.
It would be no different thenhow it moves the Main VFO when receiving
currently.

However, it would allow for you to RIT someone in and Properly Zero Beat their
answer to YOUR CQ AFTER the fact...

For those that don't like this feature, if they don't hit the spot button
DURING a QSO with the RIT turned on, they would never know the feature was
there.  If you wanted to Keep the RIT on, but still Zero Beat with the SPOT
button, you could just hit the "XMIT" button and it would function just as it
does with the RIT "OFF".  Simple, yet VERY easy to use, without a huge lesson
or extra menu selections. Wayne, what say you?

Michael
N6MQL