How are the amplifiers wired?  Is the neutral connected to the
chassis (does not meet UL standards)?

If the neutral is connected to the chassis (ground) you will
place any unbalance in the input power on the chassis (ground)
and a portion of that current will inevitably find its way IN
SERIES with the microphone due to the choke in the mic return
(mic ground).

First, to be code compliant, any amplifier that has a neutral
REQUIRES a four wire power cord (hot-Neutral-hot plus ground).
The neutral must be isolated from the chassis (safety ground)
and must be returned to the source (breaker panel) separately.
The neutral may not be tied to the amplifier chassis.

In the K3, the mic ground jumper MUST be installed on the Audio
I/O board as shown in the Elecraft RF Immunity modification:
<www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/ELECRAFT_Application_Note_Improving_the_Immunity_of_
the_Rear-Panel_KIO3_RS232_and_Audio_Connectors_to_RF.pdf>  (see the
second item on page 3).  If the jumper is not installed and
every piece of equipment is not grounded separately to a common
station ground, any common mode hum (e.g., hum on the chassis of
an amplifier often due to neutral currents) flows from box to
box through the shields of interconnect cables.  When it reaches
the K3 it appears across the RF choke between the shield of the
rear panel microphone cable and the chassis (in series with the
microphone signal).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV