Good Evening,
   After the second net I went out for a walk to listen to some quiet.  Rick is
sending me some heat from Alaska so it is gettng warmer.  I don't think I will
light my fire but I will keep my vest on until I go to bed.  Hopefully the
temperature will stay above 50 in the house.  It is strange to feel my
computers warming the place.  I never thought they created that much heat!  But
my design computer has dual processors and dual video cards.  If my nephews
find out about it they will drag it off for a game machine.  They would be
shocked that all it ever plays is a rare game of solitaire.  However, it does
run CAD and PCB layout software very nicely :)
   While on my walk the grouse were calling.  The hummingbirds were slaloming
among the trees.  I think they were just showing off but there did seem to be
purpose in their flights.  I also found where the flower scent originated.  I
have some wild roses, tiny but very strongly scented.  I thought it was the
honeysuckle but they are not far enough along for that; otherwise the
hummingbirds would be visiting them too.
   Twenty meters was not good to Tom so he ran 800 watts into his beam.  That
really got my attention!  I had to turn him down every time he pointed in this
direction.  I was hearing almost everyone he worked so conditions were not the
same here as they were there.  There were three Oregon stations but I only
heard the first two.  Forty meters was quite loud.  Static crashes made it
tough to work the weaker stations.  But, that did not stop Pete from running
QRP from Southern California.  He was quite readable but I do not know if he
switched K2s on me or simply turned down the power.

   On to the lists =>

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2300z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K3 - 008
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2/100 - 5138      * QNI #180 *
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398          ** QNI #225 *
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K3 - 642
W8OV - Dave - TX - Ten Tec (K3 in progress)
WB3AAL - Ron - PA - K2 - 1392
K7FO - Bill - OR
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
K7KJ - Greg - OR - K3 - 452
K7SJ - Roger - WA - K3 - 75
AB1AV - Bill - NH - K2 - 6636
N5SM - Scott - TX - K3 - 1802
KC7OTG - Brett - OR - 1116              QNI #10!
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866         * QNI #190 *

  On 7045.5 kHz at 0100z:
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 - 5138 or 43 ?
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K3 - 642
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798         * QNI #170 *

   I did copy the new serial numbers through the QSB and QRN so there may be a
dropped dit or two.  Please send me any corrections if necessary.  From the
weather reports we received it appears summer is here.  Well, not quite here
here (aquí/acá) but in the rest of the country ;)  It takes a while for summer
to get to Oregon and then work its way up the mountain.  In a couple months I
should notice it.
   Until next week stay well,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

-