One of my HAM friends is white sticker. He would be happy to get a K2 usable
for portable operation without any PC. I posted his problem to the German
QRP Forum, asking for help. My idea was to get an ASCII / CW Interface KISS,
the number of keys kept as low as possible.

Norbert DK6NF very fast designed a little box containing an Atmel Processor
which translates the ASCII IN/OUT of the K2 into CW code. Not all the
possible commands, but at least the minimum information a blind OP needs to
know where he starts.

Only 4 keys:
1. sets VFO to A, responding an A in CW
2. Responding with VFO Frequency
3. Responding the Mode L / U / C and CR for CW Reverse
4. Responding the power

Because I am sure this little translator would be helpful for some of our US
Fellow QRPers as well, I post this info to let you participate the
discussion.

Do this Information make sense, or do you mean we need additional
information. (which would cause more keys)

72/3 de Peter, DL2FI