Another vote for this feature request. It seems it should be feasible
to add a MENU:MONITOR On/Off toggle, which could then be applied to
one of the programmable function buttons. Of course Wayne has a list
as long as his arm of "little things" like this, so don't expect it
overnight, but if there's enough interest, we've seen what can happen :)

BTW, monitor level is stored separately for SSB vs CW, so once you have
each mode setup, there shouldn't be any issue with switching back and
forth.

My issue is that I use SPKR+PH most of the time, so I can listen without
having to have my headset on, but put it on when I want to transmit.
Ideally, I'd like to get the monitor audio in the headphones only, and
not in the external speakers (which produces feedback). As it is, I have
to remember to either turn SPKR+PH off, or turn the monitor level down.

     ~Iain / N6ML