Hi Dale:

That 1/4" plug on the headphone cable that you are looking at might in fact
be the adapter. Gently pull it apart. You might be pleasantly surprised.
It's not visually obvious that it is a two part affair.

My Proset came with an instruction sheet that is titled:
Proset-K2 Assembly and Operating Instructions (Revision B, April 9, 2006)

There is a note under the Headphone Plug Installation Paragraph:
"......The remaining 1/4 inch stereo plug pulls apart revealing a standard
1/8 inch stereo plug..........."

73,
Mike K2MK

Dale Harding K7DNH
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:44:03 -0700

interesting -

mine came with a 1/4" stereo plug - and the 1/8 mic plug - there is an
adapter
that came with it to plug the 1/8 mic into and it then goes into the
multipin
front panel mic connection and of course the 1/4 stereo plug goes into the
front phone jack - but I cant use it on the rear panel as there is no 1/4 to
1/8 stereo adapter...

I will email support and ask them about it - thanks

dale